I have been focusing a bit more on school and just recently got back from a trip to Canada.
My mum, brother, and I went with other extended family members to visit my grandparents for my Gramma's 90th birthday April 10. We discovered a few disturbing things going on with her and were going to rectify them when we got a call April 15 that my Gramma died during the early morning. We had her celebration service April 17 that quite a few people attended despite the short notice. That is all I can say about it right now as I am still processing since it was a shock.
April 17 also was the date I received an e-mail from Placement saying my application was going to final review. This past Tuesday, I got a call from my Placement Officer. She asked me what I had been doing in preparation, my thoughts on the opportunity, and my interests. There are not many programs out there for people who have disabilities and the program I thought I may be eligible for in Kenya for the Deaf goes more to people who are fluent in ASL, which I am not.
She asked me if I understood the job descriptions and made sure I knew the Health Sector was more Health Education. They are contacting all the Nepal nominees this week because there are more than positions available for the program. I was told that my application is strong so while I didn't ask, I am assuming that I should be receiving an invitation in the next couple weeks! Another person from the FPCV group said she was told before May 6.
However, I just recently checked out the programs Peace Corps has posted online and am seeing that the September ones that I was eligible for are no longer there. The next programs either leave in October or February. I'm not sure what this means, but I have a sneaking suspicion that September programs are closed and I need to be prepared for something else leaving later. What I need to decide is if the possibility of not leaving until next year for the Peace Corps is something I am ok with or not. I just don't know...I had originally been thinking I wanted to leave and come back before my 30th. While I still want to do that, it's not something that I abstitively postulutely HAVE to do... :/ Decisions, decisions! Here's to hoping that I don't need to make it!