The second day of our Transition Conference was good. We affirmed each other and talked about how to express our experiences in Nepal. PC helped those of us who were leaving early in the morning to arrange a shuttle to take us to the airport. It was EARLY! I flew with a big group, but it decreased when we had a layover. If you ever have an Asian sitting next to you where you need to go past them to get to the toilet - plan on them having steel bladders. Both times, the Asians that sat next to me did not need to go until about 6 hours into the flights. Luckily, the first time I had an aisle seat so it didn't matter!
I arrived home on Sunday evening, but I didn't announce that because like previously stated - I wanted a couple of days to make sure I was not so emotional. While the customs people were just doing there jobs, I DID NOT appreciate at the time hearing "Welcome back to America!" It made me a little angry at the time because even though I am ok with coming back, it was still not something I had planned on doing for another 18 months.
These past couple days have actually been pretty ok so I mentioned that I was available on Facebook and went to Wednesday night church. The study was exactly along the lines of what I had been thinking about! While there, I received another email from PC about our waiting status. During the conference, we were told their goal was to have the PCVs back was in 3 weeks. The email said that due to the other earthquake that happened recently - there is talk about our return date being delayed. PC is going to keep us posted and will give us dates soon.
This time that we are in the States, PC has put us on what is called "administrative hold". It essentially means that we are still volunteers, but out of our country of service until we are able to come back. Due to the tragedy that has hit Nepal, we have been given the option to "COS" (close of service) early. If any of us took this, it would be like we had served the full 27 months. I plan on coming back, but when my mind is not as full - I do want to make sure that is where God is still leading me.
I did get a little emotional after reading the email that our return date was going to be postponed, but was ok. Learn from my experience - you never know how much time you will have with people. Use each day to your advantage! I also called my Nepali family to let them know that I was in the States and doing well. This last earthquake did not affect them. My dai actually called it a "small" one. Of course, with how far away my village is from the last epicenter - we would not have felt it as much as we did the last one.
Continue to keep Nepal in your prayers!